Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
During the Covid-19 pandemic, Lord of Glory has always sought to:
1. Deliver God’s gifts of forgiveness, love and mercy and follow God’s commandment to “remember the Sabbath.”– Ex. 20:8-11, Col. 3:16, Heb. 10:25
2. Honor earthly authorities so long they do not call for us to obey God’s commands. – Ex. 20:12, Matt. 22:21, Rom. 13:1
3. Love our neighbor (5th Commandment) – Ex. 20:13, Matt. 22:39
In a fallen world, this isn’t always easy. In difficult situations, we make changes and do things for a time in ways that are new and maybe uncomfortable. As a church, we have through prayer, study and many discussions, done our best to always love God and love our neighbor. This remains true as we have moved worship indoors, but also know that things look and feel different. Just know that we are here and available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.
As Lord of Glory continues to worship indoors, protocol is as follows:
1. Worship will continue to be made available online.
2. Signs will be posted reminding you of:
a. Social distancing practices (a minimum of 6 feet between people not of the same household) is recommended.
b. Face coverings will be optional for any activity at LOG. Coverings will be available if needed.
c. Encouraged use of hand sanitizer (stations throughout the facility).
3. A greeter or Elder will be available to answer your questions.
4. Bulletins, announcements and record of fellowship cards will be available at the table when you enter the Narthex. Record of fellowship cards are also available in the pews/chairs. Please return the completed card and pencil at the table when departing after worship.
5. You will seat your self.
6. The offering plate will be positioned in the Narthex at the usher's desk for you to leave your offering before or after the service.
7. On weeks when the Lord’s Supper is celebrated, the Service of the Sacrament will be conducted as before. Four households will be welcomed to the Communion rail at a time where Pastor and Vicar/Elder, after sanitizing, will distribute the body/blood of Christ in a plastic cup and disposed of as we have done with prepackaged communion. Standing, rather than kneeling, will continue.
- Children’s “busy bags” will not be provided.
- Children must remain with their responsible adult.
Our Worship Team will consist of the Pastoral team (1 or 2); Musicians [Traditional: organist (1), Contemporary: pianist (1), singer (1-2), sound technician (1)]; MediaShout technician (1); Elder (1); Usher (1).
Who should attend an in-person service?
1. We rejoice to welcome everyone back, but we ask that each person:
a. Conduct a self-check and worship online if you have symptoms of Covid-19. (Symptoms can include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell. Other less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.)
b. Worship online if you have a household member experiencing symptoms compatible with Covid-19 or have been exposed to anyone diagnosed with Covid-19.
c. Worship online if you are at a higher risk for severe illness.
2. If you begin to feel unwell during service, you should leave immediately and worship online until the allotted time for self-quarantine has occurred and you have been cleared by a physician to return to normal activities.
3. If after attending service, you are diagnosed with Covid-19, contact the church immediately.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
In His Love,
Pastor Marty Mably