Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ at Lord of Glory,
I cry aloud to God, aloud to God, and he will hear me. In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord (Psalm 77:1-2a)
Please pray with me:
“Almighty God, heavenly Father, give us grace to trust You during this time of illness and distress. In mercy put an end to this COVID19 epidemic that afflicts us. Grant relief to those who suffer, and comfort all who mourn. Sustain all medical personnel in their labors, and cause Your people ever to serve You in righteousness and holiness; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.”
As we watch the coverage about COVID19 from all around the world, it is easy to succumb to panic and fear. But we are Christ’s Church, and we are called to fear, love and trust in our Lord above wars, natural disasters, persecution, and epidemics. As everyone in our communities are struggling to keep up with the changing dynamics of the epidemic, I and your leadership at Lord of Glory are addressing matters of spiritual care for our Lord of Glory family and our community. COVID19 reminds us of the grim reality that we still live between the Garden of Eden and Christ’s return, eternal paradise. The fall has shattered our world, and sin is a pandemic that has a 100% mortality rate.
Through faith in His saving work, Christ has undone the long-term effects of this disastrous plague of sin and death, even if many of the short-term effects remain. We receive this vital gift of life through the Word and Sacraments. During times of fear and uncertainty, we need to be strengthened in our faith more than ever. Given these needs, here are the plans for Lord of Glory and its ministries. Given the quickly changing nature of the situation, we will be continually reevaluating and will update you as time moves forward.
We will worshiping at the times listed below through Facebook and YouTube. Please see our page "Services and Bulletins" for links.
- Sundays, in-person outdoors at 9:00 am in the Parking Lot and online (see home page for more information).
Other Activities at Lord of Glory
- There will no Sunday School, meals, meetings, etc. at Lord of Glory. Bibles and Brews is via Zoom meeting only (contact Pastor Mably to get connected).
- Thursday Morning Adult Bible Study is meeting in person or via Zoom (contact Pastor Mably to get connected).
- Vacation Bible School, Sunday, July 26-Thursday, July 30, starting at 6:30 pm.
This year VBS will be done a little differently, but we are confident your child(ren) will have a great time! Your child(ren) is(are) invited to attend an in-person outdoor opening event on Sunday evening in which we will sing songs, listen to our first Bible story, watch a Bible challenge, make a craft and enjoy a snack! At this event you will also pick up your pack of supplies for Monday-Wednesday as VBS on those evenings will be conducted via Zoom! The link and password will be provided and everything will be lead by our group at LOG for your family to do at home with us! We will end VBS on Thursday with an in-person outdoor closing event similar to the opening event! To register your child(ren), visit: https://vbsmate.com/events/LOGElkRiverMN/19621. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns!
Loving Your Neighbor
- If you are in need of assistance or someone to shop for groceries or other household items, please contact us, and we will connect you with someone who can help.
- If you are able to shop for other people or drop items off, please contact us.
I will be doing my best to reach out to everyone in the congregation by phone or email and continue to provide you with pastoral care during these strange and uncertain times.
- As Lord of Glory works will begin to celebrate the Lord’s Supper during worship services again on July 5, Pastor Mably still remains available for individuals and families to receive the Lord’s Supper. Please make an appointment by contacting, 763-259-8168 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, we ask that you, as you are able, continue to make your tithes and offerings to the Lord’s work of proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ to the family of God at Lord of Glory, to our communities and to the world.
When the Philistines took David captive, he penned these words about it in Psalm 56:
[M]y enemies trample on me all day long, for many attack me proudly. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?
So we echo David's words to the Lord, "I put my trust in you."
In His Love, Pastor Marty Mably
Lord of Glory Office • 763-263-3090 • email@example.com
Pastor Mably • 763-259-8168 (call or text) • firstname.lastname@example.org