Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ at Lord of Glory,
I cry aloud to God, aloud to God, and he will hear me. In the day of my trouble I seek the Lord (Psalm 77:1-2a)
Please pray with me:
“Almighty God, heavenly Father, give us grace to trust You during this time of illness and distress. In mercy put an end to this COVID19 epidemic that afflicts us. Grant relief to those who suffer, and comfort all who mourn. Sustain all medical personnel in their labors, and cause Your people ever to serve You in righteousness and holiness; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.”
As we watch the coverage about COVID19 from all around the world, it is easy to succumb to panic and fear. But we are Christ’s Church, and we are called to fear, love and trust in our Lord above wars, natural disasters, persecution, and epidemics. As everyone in our communities are struggling to keep up with the changing dynamics of the epidemic, I and your leadership at Lord of Glory are addressing matters of spiritual care for our Lord of Glory family and our community. COVID19 reminds us of the grim reality that we still live between the Garden of Eden and Christ’s return, eternal paradise. The fall has shattered our world, and sin is a pandemic that has a 100% mortality rate.
Through faith in His saving work, Christ has undone the long-term effects of this disastrous plague of sin and death, even if many of the short-term effects remain. We receive this vital gift of life through the Word and Sacraments. During times of fear and uncertainty, we need to be strengthened in our faith more than ever. Given these needs, here are the plans for Lord of Glory and its ministries. Given the quickly changing nature of the situation, we will be continually reevaluating and will update you as time moves forward.
We will worshiping in-person in our Sanctuary at the time listed below and streaming LIVE through Facebook and YouTube. Please see our page "Services and Bulletins" for links.
- Sundays, in-person services at 8:00 am (traditional) and 10:30 am (contemporary).
Other Activities at Lord of Glory
- Sunday School begins October 25 and the 2nd/4th Sunday thereafter (subject to change). Please visit "Children," "Youth" and "Adult Ministries" for details.
- Thursday Morning Adult Bible Study is meeting in person at 10:30 am.
- Sunday morning Adult Bible Study will begin in-person on November 1 at 9:15 am.
Loving Your Neighbor
- If you are in need of assistance or someone to shop for groceries or other household items, please contact us, and we will connect you with someone who can help.
- If you are able to shop for other people or drop items off, please contact us.
I will be doing my best to reach out to everyone in the congregation by phone or email and continue to provide you with pastoral care during these strange and uncertain times.
- The Lord’s Supper will be celebrated during worship on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month, using individual, prepackaged wafer and juice sets that individuals will open themselves. We will be using these in an effort to minimize handling the bread/body and wine/blood. Pastor Mably still remains available for individuals and families to receive the Lord’s Supper. Please make an appointment by contacting, 763-259-8168 (cell) or email@example.com
Lastly, we ask that you, as you are able, continue to make your tithes and offerings to the Lord’s work of proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ to the family of God at Lord of Glory, to our communities and to the world.
When the Philistines took David captive, he penned these words about it in Psalm 56:
[M]y enemies trample on me all day long, for many attack me proudly. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?
So we echo David's words to the Lord, "I put my trust in you."
In His Love, Pastor Marty Mably
Lord of Glory Office • 763-263-3090 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Mably • 763-259-8168 (call or text) • email@example.com